It seemed for a second as if Xiaomi is going to pack up things and it reverts back to resume sales in India. We are well aware of the news about Ericsson filing case against Xiaomi in non-responding clause for their communications recently. Based on the petition, Delhi High Court issued the judgment ordering to suspend sales of all Xiaomi products in India till the issue get solved.
Regarding this, Hugo Barra responds to the situation in the recent past and apologizes all Xiaomi fans for disappointing them with unfulfilled orders.
He said “We have greatly enjoyed our journey with you in India over the last 5 months and we firmly intend to continue it!” with a hope of no ray as it seemed.
Later he notifies Mi fans in his status update that the company is going to resume sales in India from December 23rd of 2014 and so asks fans to stay tuned to the Mi India page for updates.
“Last week, we were forced to suspend sales in India due to an order passed by the Delhi High Court. Thanks for the overwhelming support so many of you have shown to Mi India in response to that!
We are happy to announce that the Delhi High Court today issued a ruling in our favor, allowing us to resume sales in India subject to certain terms.” says Hugo Barra in his status update.
“The good news is that Redmi 1S is coming back next week and we’ll be having our next sale on Tuesday, December 23. Registration will open shortly — keep an eye on the Mi India page for details!
We will also be resuming sales of Redmi Note shortly, with the 4G model this time. More details on that very soon, stay tuned!” he adds to it.
It seems like the issue is not yet solved and there are certain constraints that the company should bound to. Let’s see where this goes!