Of course you can upload the event after it's done, but I can guarantee you that you won't be getting as excited as you watch it live. For example, consider watching a Football match after it's over and you already know who won the match. Now, consider watching a match live. Which one would you go mad for? Live! is't it?
Setting up YouTube for Live Streaming
- Go to YouTube.com and Sign in into your YouTube account.
- Click on your name on the top right and then click on YouTube Settings.
- You will be shown a page with your YouTube Account Settings Overview. Find View Additional Features link under Additional Features and click on it.
- Scroll down and find Live events option. Enable it if it is not showing in green.
- Now, Click on the Video Manager, A page is loaded with all of your uploaded videos showing on it. We've nothing to do with this section now.
- Click on Live Events. If you are not showing up any live event, you would see the message in big bold characters saying "There are currently no upcoming events. Schedule a new event". You can click on that link to create a new live stream or New live event button.
- A new live event creation page would be shown where you can give a title & description of the event along with the time of the event to go live. You can also set advanced settings and also can monetize your live event just as you can do while uploading a pre-recorded video.
- When you are done, click on Go live now button. You will be asked to click Ok to go live on air by entering Google+ hangouts. Click on Ok button to make the moments live.
Deleting the airing live events
- You can delete the events that are scheduled or on air. Come back to Live Events in Video Manager. Select the events you wanted to delete.
- Click on Actions and choose Delete.